If you wish to go through a surrogacy, it is important to have an experienced surrogacy lawyer in Las Vegas, NV from Contemporary Legal Solutions on your side. Surrogacy can be a complicated process and you don’t want to go through it on your own. Here are a few benefits of hiring a surrogacy lawyer.
Manage Your Expectations
If you have never used a surrogate before, you may not know what to expect. A surrogacy lawyer can explain everything to you and answer all of your questions. For example, your lawyer can inform you of who can be in the delivery room and who can make certain medical decisions. If you know what to expect from the beginning, there will be no unpleasant surprises.
Establish Parental Rights
If a surrogate delivers your baby, you must establish your parental rights as soon as possible. After all, you want the child to legally be considered yours. To do this, you must either sign a legal document or get a court order. A surrogacy lawyer can help you do that.
Screen Surrogate Mother Candidates
It is not advisable to go independent with the surrogacy process. Many people do not know what to screen for when choosing a surrogacy mother. Not everyone is cut out to be a surrogate. That’s another important reason why you should hire a NV surrogacy lawyer in Las Vegas. A lawyer will know how to properly screen candidates and have strict qualifications. For example, your lawyer will make sure that your surrogate has a healthy reproductive history and is a non-smoker.
Re-match You If Your Match Fails
The initial surrogacy process does not always work out for everyone and it can be devastating. The surrogate might have a change of heart or the pregnancy is unsuccessful. If you have a surrogacy lawyer on your side, he or she will work hard to get you another match as soon as possible.
Surrogacy Laws Can Vary from State to State
Surrogacy laws are different in every state and they’re constantly changing. If you do not have a legal background, you are probably not aware of all these laws. A surrogacy lawyer, on the other hand, is. He or she will stay up-to-date on all the laws and make sure your parentage is legal.
More About Surrogacy
Surrogacy is a popular way for people to grow their families in the ways they have always imagined. Surrogacy continues to become more frequently seen and talked about across the nation. Many people are drawn to surrogacy because:
- From the start, the fetus in theirs by law
- They are able to attend medical appointments
- The relationship with the surrogate can be as open as preferred
- The odds are having a healthy and happy baby
- Hurdles of infertility can be overcome and still have a baby
- Couples of same-sex can produce an offspring that is biological
- There are minimal surprises since surrogacy is a legally binding contract that is signed before the process begins
To be eligible for surrogacy, there are certain things that you may have to do, such as the following:
- Undergo a psychological evaluation/consultation
- Willing to submit a background check
- Willing to have subcutaneous and intramuscular injections
- Have had all births been at 36 weeks or more (unless multiple pregnancy) without major complications
- Have a history of healthy reproduction, having given birth to at least one child that you are currently raising
- A citizen of the United States
- Non-smoker and great health
- Within a healthy height and weight ratio
- Between the age of 22 and 40 years old
Contact Contemporary Legal Solutions
Surrogacy is a serious decision that must not be taken lightly. Anyone considering taking the next step towards surrogacy should consider hiring a lawyer now, so your best interests can be protected from the very start. Schedule a consultation with a surrogacy lawyer in Las Vegas, Nevada today from Contemporary Legal Solutions.